Tuesday, 18 August 2015

Video prototyping running log

11/8

On the workshop today, I came up with about 40% script of my video. I decided to shoot the opening scene with the help of my friends to mock up a hilarious but authentic situation while playing the classic games like Snake & Ladders and Pacman. I'm still struggling of whether I should use the real footage of presenting my game or just make explanation by animation with the help of software.


13/8
My friends are happy to help me taking the opening scene of problem statement in their home. The shot would be taken on Saturday after noon this week (15/8)

14/8
MADE THE DECISION! The game presentation would be made by animation. Either Sony Vegas or Premiere would do the trick. I prefer Sony Vegas, as I am still learning Premiere by my own, the Vegas would be much more familiar and the producing process could be more efficient. Hope tomorrow's video taking would be fine.

* hopefully by the next time making another video, my Premiere skill would be ready :P


15/8
Fun day of taking the footage. Many thanks to those who participated :) I am glad I chose to do it in the afternoon, the lighting condition would be much worse if we shot the scenes in the evening.There are in total of 11 footage taking today, which would require many cutting later. Expected though.



16/8
Video editing started today! However, before making the actual editing of my video, I spent most of my time on Photoshop though, because the animation explanation would require lots of pictures. I Photoshoped the game board, characters, supportive images. All above takes quite a long time. I used the remaining working time of the day cutting the scenes shot with my friends. The total number of 11 footage is edited to about 30 seconds.



17/8
I always think it is fun to make a video. This is one of the few times I made a narration for my own video, which was kind of awkward in the beginning but everything went smoothly after I getting used to it. The editing of the animation, in expect, taking me many time. I think Vegas indeed somehow got some limitation especially while making the animation. More motivation for me to master the Premiere.



Finished!
During the making of this prototyping, I kept finding that some part of the ideas can be developed. However, as redo of the idea would be unrealistic for now, I would have more thoughts on my next project before implementing the presentation of the prototype. Mostly I think it is an alright video prototyping. I included the problem statement, ways of solving the problem (mash up games with their fun features), the way of interaction, etc. Hopefully I could get valuable feedback on tomorrow's workshop.



*The Statement of Delivery would be uploaded before tomorrow workshop to Blackboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment